Stanford Graduate Program in Journalism
Welcome to the Stanford Graduate Program in Journalism. Here, in the heart of Silicon Valley, you can earn a master's degree in one year while learning to report, write, create multimedia and data visualizations, master social media and publish your work. Our class sizes are low, and our internship placement rates are high.
Need more reasons to choose Stanford's Graduate Program in Journalism? In this video, current and former students share why they did.
Check out the Peninsula Press, the hyperlocal news site where Stanford journalism students publish their work in conjunction with Bay Area media partners, including The San Francisco Chronicle's website, The Bay Citizen and KQED.
Meet our faculty, which includes Pulitzer Prize and Emmy winners from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more!
- R. B. Brenner, fomer editor, Washington Post
- Joel Brinkley, former reporter, editor and Pulitzer Prize winning foreign correspondent, New York Times
- Theodore L. Glasser, author and researcher focusing on media practices and performance
- Ann Grimes, former writer and editor, Wall Street Journal
- James T. Hamilton, author and researcher focusing on media economics and computational journalism
- Thomas Hayden, former writer, US News & World Report
- Jennifer Kahn, feature writer, The New Yorker
- Geri Migielicz, former director of photography, San Jose Mercury News
- Gary M. Pomerantz, nonfiction author and former writer, Washington Post
- Howard Rheingold, former editor, HotWired
- Phil Taubman, former reporter and editor, The New York Times
- James Wheaton, founder and senior counsel for the First Amendment Project
- Janine Zacharia, former Jerusalem bureau chief and Middle East correspondent, Washington Post
Check out the innovative courses we offer and see a sample schedule.
Apply Now for 2014! The application deadline is December 3, 2013!
Follow us on Facebook
To learn more about the Stanford Graduate Program in Journalism, visit journalism.stanford.edu.